Thursday, December 13, 2012

Welcome!

     Hey guys, gals, sexy friends and fellow geeks! This is my first blog but I figured I would begin with a little introduction, and chat about some of my goals for this blog. To start I am a 20 something year old woman who loves all things sexy and all things geeky. I study Speech Communication and Business at my college in New York and work as a manager in a gaming store. I love to learn new things and I have a habit of hopelessly fan-girling over the things I love. I am looking forward to moving to Florida with my fiance and either working in the Disney Parks or opening my own adult shop, couldn't get more different huh? but I guess that's just me.
     This blog will be many things, but I have some major goals for it. First I would love to make it a venue for sex-positive discussion and information. I plan on writing about sex information, how-to's, techinqes, some science and anatomy, sex and society, sex and politics, and sex toy reviews. I will also include a good many references to all of my favorite geeky fandoms. I will likely be posting reviews and comments on my favorite games, movies and television shows. Some of my favorites which you will probably hear a lot about include Doctor Who, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, American Horror Story, Walking Dead, Pokemon, and all things Disney. I must note though that I will try to avoid spoilers but if I cannot they will be preceded by plenty of warnings.
     Despite the many things this blog will be, and hodge podge of sex and geekery that is my life, there are a few things that it will not be and that it will never be. This is not an area for shaming anyone, for any reason. You may notice that I mentioned the term "sex-positive" before, but you may not know what it means. The Foundation for a Sex Positive Culture's Mission statement is as follows: "As proponents of sex positive culture, we believe that the appropriate uses of sex extend beyond reproduction. They include creating personal pleasure, bonding interpersonal relationships, promoting spiritual growth, and enhancing emotional and physical health. In a sex positive world, everyone has the freedom and resources to pursue a fulfilling and empowering sex life." Basically, as long as the sex play is safe and consensual there is no shame in it, instead it is an opportunity for self expression, exploration, and intimacy.
     I'm always excited to hear from people so if you have any suggestions of ways for me to improve my blog, any topics you would like to hear discussed, or any questions go right ahead and drop me a line, I'm plenty friendly and always excited to talk to anyone!

Boring Legal Mumbo Jumbo:
     Many of the products reviewed on this blog were offered to me at a discounted rate or free of charge in exchange for a review. This does not influence my opinion in any way and I make every effort to remain entirely unbiased in each and every one of my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment